11/11/2013

10 Nov: "As kids, our experiences shape our opinions of ourselves and the world around us, and that's who we become as adults." - Chris Hemsworth

My exciting lesson on shapes.






 A star
because it decorates the night sky.
A square
because every side of me equally makes up who I am.
A moon
because it’s the sun of every evening.
A triangle
because there’s three sides to every story.
A circle
because I wish some moments were never ending.
A rectangle
because it’s those tediously long days that make great days seem so short.
An oval
because it’s the smooth rock you take home from the beach on a summer afternoon.


How did I become the person I am today? Isn’t it weird to think that every moment in your life, every person you have ever spoken to, every place you have been to, every book you have ever read, every friend you have ever made, has shaped you into the person you are in one way or another. You wouldn't be exactly the same person who were today if you had decided to stay home that one day or if you had decided to go out that other day.

What about the other way around? What sort of dent to you leave in the lives of the people you meet each day? As I think of all the eager students I have before me each day, I can't help, but wonder who I will be to them. Will I be the girl who taught them a bit of English many years ago or will I be something more? Something special.

1 comment:

  1. Very true, our experiences as adults make us what we are today
    Have a great week
    Keep in touch,
    www.beingbeautifulandpretty.com

    ReplyDelete