05/02/2014

"The moments of happiness we enjoy take us by surprise. It is not that we seize them, but that they seize us." Ashley Montagu

















On 23rd of November 2013, I celebrated my birthday, which was actually the day after. The plan was to invite the other volunteers down to where I am volunteering and give them a grand tour, before hitting the club. Little did I know that my Senegalese friends had something a little more interesting in store for me. After our taxi driver mysteriously lost his way, we arrived at a small beach. A large group of people stood around a small fire. It took me only a second to realise what was going on. Something I'd always wanted! A surprise party. Not only was it a surprise party, but it was a surprise party on a beach in Africa. How could I ask for more?

No comments:

Post a Comment