1. Drinking endless cups of tea."The British nation is unique in this respect. They are the only people who like to be told how bad things are, who like to be told the worst." -
Last week I got asked an interesting question: What does it mean to be British? I thought about it for a while, but soon realised that being British does not just mean 'citizens or natives of the United Kingdom'. It means many things to many people. I looked deep into my heart and came up with an ever increasing list. Here are a few that I can relate to:
2. Complaining about the weather 365 days of the year.
3. Never being satisfied with transport (especially when in London).
4. Pretending to understand Contemporary art.
5. Getting extremely excited over national holidays.
6. Having to watch holiday adverts months before the actual holiday.
7. Having a queen.
8. Waiting to turn eighteen.
9. Not having to pay for health care.
10. Harry Potter.
I could go on, but I want you to come back. What to do you think? Have I got it wrong? What does it mean to be British?
Facebook: www.facebook.com/precioustorwanda or www.facebook.com/itsjustprecious